May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month –
There are many things you can do at home that support Lyme Awareness.
1. You can change your profile picture on Facebook to be Lime Green
2. You can tie a lime green ribbon around your mail box or trees in your yard.
3. You can use a green light on your porch if HOA regulations allow.
4. You can write a letter – tell your story – and send it to us at email@example.com — https://nclymeadvocacy.wordpress.com/letter-writing-campaign/
There are also many events going on in North Carolina throughout the month of May –
- May 4th – Patton Park Tick Sweep (Lyme-Green.com) (2pm)
- May 5th – Support Group Meeting in Raleigh
- May 10th to 12th – A Lyme Awareness Table in Pilot Mountain NC at the May Fest – Admission Free. More information can be found at their website: http://events2000.com/festivals/icalrepeat.detail/2013/05/10/2368/-/pilot-mountain-nc-mayfest
- May 11th – A Lyme Awareness Table in Raleigh NC will be set up at the Fair Grounds Flea Market.
- May 11th – Fletcher Park Tick Sweep (2pm)
- May 11th – Charlotte Support Group Meeting
- May 18th – Etowah Park Tick Sweep (2pm)
- May 19th – Apex Support Group Meeting
- May 23rd – Winston Salem Support Group Meeting
- May 25th – Jackson Park Tick Sweep (2pm)
- May 25th – Hendersonville Support Group (7pm)
As you may have noticed above, there are four scheduled tick sweeps – These are in the Western Part of the State – probably in Hendersonville as it is being done by the Hendersonville Support Group – Lyme-Green.com
If you know of additional events going on, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you.