Currently there are several active support group meetings and one that is in the process of beginning.
- Apex NC: Triangle Lyme Disease Support Group was founded by Peter Smith, but is now lead by Jennifer. These meetings take place at the Eva Perry Library in the back conference room. To find out more about this group or to fill out the form for the support group meeting, please click on this ==> Apex Group Tab
- Charlotte NC: NATCAPLYME sponsors a monthly support group meetings on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 1 to 4pm at a high school in the Charlotte area. John McLean leads these meetings and sometimes they have to be rescheduled. Please click on ===> Charlotte Group Tab in order to find out more information about this group or to fill out the form to be on their email listing.
- Raleigh NC: The North Carolina Lyme Disease Foundation sponsors a monthly support group meeting usually on the first Sunday of every month from 2 to 4pm at the Starbucks Coffee Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh. However some meetings are rescheduled. Announcements for the meeting are made through the foundations website at http://www.nclyme.net . All interested individuals are urged to fill out this form to be added to their email list to be informed of NCLDF sponsored events and support group meetings. To fill out that form, please click on this ===> Raleigh Group Tab
- Salisbury NC: The Celebration of Hope Piedmont NC Lyme Disease Support Group meets in Salisbury North Carolina. They meet on the 4th Sunday of each month beginning at 3pm. Meetings presently held in offices of Lyerly Counseling on S. Main Street in Salisbury. Please fill out the form to reach out to the leader of this group ===> Salisbury Group Tab
- Wilmington NC: This group is just getting off the ground. To see more information and to get put on the email listing, please click on this ===> Wilmington Group Tab
- Winston Salem NC: Cofounded by Teresa Simmons and Pam Haisty This support group generally meets at the Derrick Davis Cancer Center/Forsyth Medical Center. Their meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month, 4:30 to 7:30 pm. (in conference Center beside the Chapel). However due to some guest speakers, this meeting is sometimes held on another day at another location. For more information, click on this ==> Winston Salem Group Tab
My deepest apologizes for not really doing much to this website since April. I’ve had some personal struggles since my last post which have put this website on the back burner, but I’m hoping to pick things back up soon.
Raleigh’s meeting will be August 1st (yes differnet day than normal). I will post information soon.
Apex’s meeting will be August 9th
Be sure to check out all the tabs for this website
Due to scheduling conflicts, the meeting in Apex for April has been cancelled. Please attend the Raleigh meeting on April 11, 2015. Contact http://www.nclyme.net for more information for the Raleigh meeting.
This weekend there are at least a couple of meetings.
Saturday: There might be a meeting in the Charlotte, but contact John McLean to confirm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday: There are two meetings. One is in Apex and one is in Raleigh.
Raleigh: February 8th Lyme Disease Support Group meeting
The next meeting of the support group will be held on Sunday February 8, 2015 from 2 pm to 4 pm at the Starbucks at 3800 Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh. Coffee and tea will be available for purchase at the facility. Please note that this location is now the normal location for the Support Group meeting. We will have a general discussion concerning Lyme Disease and other tick borne illnesses. All members who are interested in this topic are urged to attend and we hope to see you there! In addition, we will have elections for Board members. Any members interested in serving on the Board of the NC Lyme Disease Foundation is requested to notify either John Dorney, President at email@example.com or Tricia Kovas, Vice-President at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get your name known. Also, please check out our newly revamped website at www.nclyme.net and let us know about any needed improvements!
Please note that the information presented above is for informational purposes only. No information should be considered medical advice. Any information provided should not be used to take the place of advice from your personal physician or other professional. Information shared at this meeting is the opinion of those who attend the meeting and is not necessarily that of the North Carolina Lyme Disease Foundation, Inc.
Apex: February 8th: 2:30 to :4:15 at the Eva Perry Library in Apex. For more information or to be added to the email listing for this support group list contact Jennifer – email@example.com
If you glace at the top of the website, there is a brand new tab called NC LEG.
It took a bit of time to gather this information so I hope this will be useful in the future for when we target the general assembly.
You may wonder what you will find on this page:
There are 5 endemic and 12 pending counties for Lyme Disease in North Carolina (as of January 2015). On this tab you will find the current list for the members of North Carolina General Assembly that represent Endemic & Pending Counties for Lyme Disease.
The group that meets in Apex will have a slightly altered schedule due to a special topic on Sunday.
Our next meeting will mainly be open discussion and will give everyone the opportunity to ask questions as well as share their experience, strength and compassion with one another, but we will have quick introductions so that we have time for a special topic before entering into our open discussion.
What is our special topic? We want to have brainstorming sessions for Advocacy & Awareness for 2015 (and through 2016). We want to create a buzz for awareness and some of the topics for discussion will be a WALK 4 LYME in 2016, Under Our Skin Screenings and other brainstorming sessions. Put your thinking caps now. 🙂
Here is a Walk Brainstorming Contact Form if you are interested in filling it out now. https://nclymeevents.wordpress.com/awareness-walk-brainstorming/
The likely timeline for this meeting will be:
2:30 to 2:35 – Group Overview, Disclaimer, Group Ground Rules
2:35 to 2:45 – State your name & where you live
2:45 to 3:15 – Announcements & Brainstorming for 2015 (2016)
3:20 to 4:10 – Support Group – Open Discussion
4:10 to 4:15 – Getting room back organized for library use.
This should allow timeline should allow us enough time for brainstorming and still ample time for our regular support group open discussion.
Bring your thinking caps (literally – if you have a cool hat that you like to wear in the winter – bring it to put on – might get us feeling creative). 🙂
Please help me help all of us by filling out this questionnaire about an awareness walk/run.